Device Usage Policy
Device Policy Agreement
The following information is provided for students and parents/guardians to help all parties to understand the expectations and the responsibility of care and use related to receiving a school-supplied device. Students will receive instruction from school staff on the proper use of the laptop.
- Students will be able to take devices home when deemed necessary by school staff.
- Students are expected to treat the devices as a valuable piece of equipment.
- Students must take all precautions to prevent theft; for example, do not leave the device unattended or in the passenger area of a car.
- Students must take all precautions to prevent damage to the device; for example, do not leave the device where there is danger of coming into contact with moisture or excessive heat. This would include protecting the machine from inclement weather.
- Devices come with preloaded apps and programs that must not be removed. Students will be prevented from adding apps to the school owned device.
- Students are to use the devices to access only educationally appropriate materials and websites. Any inappropriate or deemed offensive use of the device is strictly prohibited.
- Students must not use the laptop to purchase goods and services via the Internet. (Parents/students are charged with full responsibility for obligations incurred from inappropriate use of the device.)
- Students are to use the device in accordance with the Classical Preparatory School Device Usage Policy and to maintain the device in accordance with the procedures and information provided.
- Students are expected to adhere to any additional requirements set forth by the classroom teacher or administration.
- Provided laptops are the property of Classical Preparatory School and must be returned at the end of the academic year, upon withdrawal from the school, or at the request of a teacher or administrator. Willful failure to return the provided device in accordance with the stated conditions may result in criminal prosecution.
- Since the provided devices are the property of Classical Preparatory School, officials of the school have the right to review all material stored on or accessed by a device. School officials may revoke a student’s laptop use privileges for misuse or violation of policies.
- Should any other person(s) use this device, the student is still held in full responsibility of the Device Usage Policy.