The mission of Classical Preparatory School is to pursue academic excellence and character enrichment through rigorous, content-rich curriculum, imparting to our students the ability to excel and a desire to continuously pursue learning throughout their lives.
Position Summary :
Classical Prep’s School Bus Operator is responsible for safely transporting students and staff to and from school as well as other school-related activities such as field trips and sporting events. The School Bus Operator is responsible for maintaining a clean and mechanically-sound bus.
Key Responsibilities :
Classical Prep’s School Bus Operator transports students in the mornings and afternoons safely from regularly designated areas following a strict time schedule. The School Bus Operator will also transport students and staff to activities such as sporting events and field trips, interacting with parents and children in a positive manner. Maintaining order and control on the bus is essential to safely transport the students. The School Bus Operator will ensure proper verification of permissions of students who ride home with others or are picked up by others at the bus stop. The School Bus Operator will also maintain a clean and mechanically sound bus at all times, perform pre/post-trip vehicle inspections and comply with traffic regulations in order to operate the bus in a safe manner and have knowledge of first-aid procedures.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics :
- Must be able to obtain a CDL license with Passenger & Airbrake endorsement (training provided)
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and physical
- Must have a clean driving record and meet the following criteria:
- No DUI or DWI within the past 25 years
- No reckless driving with the past 25 years
- Has been a licensed driver for a minimum of 5 years
- Meet qualifications as described in the Safe Driver Plan pertaining to previous citations
- High School diploma or equivalent or higher required
- Must have good interpersonal skills and familiarity with the school as an organization
- Is self-motivated and able to work individually and/or with a team