The mission of Classical Preparatory School is to pursue academic excellence and character enrichment through rigorous, content-rich curriculum, imparting to our students the ability to excel and a desire to continuously pursue learning throughout their lives.
Logic and Rhetoric School Teachers develop within students the intellectual and personal habits and skills upon which responsible, independent and productive lives are built, in the firm belief that such lives are the basis of a free and just society. Our teachers accomplish this through the creation of lesson plans, inspiration, and constructive criticism to promote character development and habit formation. They instruct students on subjects such as science, literature, history, and math, in order to create a well-rounded, comprehensive, classical instructional program.
- Study, practice, and execute lessons that lead students to master daily standard-aligned objectives, faithfully using our rigorous, classical curriculum.
- Plan, prepare and deliver classical instructional methods and activities.
- Integrate school defined goals and objectives into lesson plans.
- Maintain grade books.
- Issue quarterly progress reports and semester report cards.
- Plan one (1) or more field trips.
- Plan two (2) or more curriculum days in order to dig deeper into subjects and ideas within the curriculum.
- Work with grade level team to ensure consistency among the grade.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively with parents/guardians.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Work with Academic Deans and Student Support Services to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students whether individually and/or in after-school tutoring program.
- Rigorously and regularly pursue personal and professional growth through reading, mentorship, and other means.
- Commit to growing professionally and personally through continuous learning.
- Assign, correct and grade homework assignments, classroom work, tests and quizzes.
- Evaluate each student’s progress on a regular basis and communicate this progress to the student, parents, and Dean.
- Manage the class by setting clear expectations of behavior, establishing reasonable routines and promoting self-discipline.
- Respond expediently to parent, student, or volunteer concerns and ideas.
- Establish and maintain a highly ordered classroom culture where scholars and staff demonstrate respect, responsibility, caring, trustworthiness, fairness, and citizenship.
- Cultivate fundamental habits of virtue consistent with the grammar school’s outlined mission and purpose.
- Perform other administrative duties as needed.
Upper School Academic Dean
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in content field or elementary education.
- Alignment to Classical Prep’s mission and vision.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Scope of Interpersonal Contacts
- Academic Dean(s)
Compensation and Terms of Employment
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and performance. This is a full-time teaching position that follows the teacher position and compensation agreement.
How to Apply
Complete the application located in the “Apply Here” button to the right. You will need to include a cover letter explaining why you would make a great teacher at Classical Preparatory School.