Classical Preparatory School (CPS) provides a traditional classical education to scholars from toddler through 12th grade. We were the first classical charter school in the state of Florida, located just north of Tampa. A classical/liberal arts education is the educational gold standard for creating innovators, thinkers, and leaders. CPS aims to equip our scholars with the tools needed to excel in higher education and to be moral and intellectual leaders in a self-governing society, something more relevant than ever in today’s complex and ever-changing world.
The ESE Paraprofessional is a ten-month position that reports to the Vice Principal. The ESE Paraprofessional is responsible for a variety of duties, including providing student support services for students in grades K-5, keeping all 504 Plans current, coordinating with the ESE team and classroom teachers and maintaining accurate ESE and 504 records.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Three years or more of paraprofessional experience in an educational setting
- Associates Degree or 60 credit hours at the undergraduate level
- Completion of a Paraprofessional Training course
- Passion for and commitment to classical education
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Superb organizational, self-management, and problem-solving skills
- Alignment with the school’s mission of high academic achievement for all scholars and commitment to building citizens of impeccable character
- Demonstrated success in fostering a positive, collaborative educational environment
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining productive, collaborative relationships with students, staff, parents, and community members
- Demonstration of our ten habits: attention, memorization, perfect execution, order, reflection, courtesy, obedience, truthfulness, fortitude, and temperance
Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position.
- Help create a positive environment for learning
- Model and support students in developing virtuous character
- Provide academic support to K-5 students in small groups in a classroom setting
- Assist with providing testing accommodations for students
- Coordinate meetings with parents to review 504 Plans for K-12 students
- Update 504 plans according to federal, state and local requirements
- Collect and manage data to assist in the development of a 504 Plan
- Maintain accurate records for all 504 Plans
- Assist with carline
- Complete other administrative duties as assigned
Compensation and Terms of Employment
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and performance.
How to Apply
Please click on the “Apply Here” button to submit your application. You will need to include a cover letter explaining why you would make a great Paraprofessional at Classical Preparatory School.