At Classical Prep, the role of the Fundraising and Event Support Coordinator is to find creative and innovative ways to market and promote Classical Prep in a positive manner in pursuit of the goals of our school and our mission.
- Position: Hourly, part-time on an 11-month schedule (July through May)
- Work Schedule: Hours are generally 7:30-4:00 Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Must be flexible and available other days of the week, evenings, and weekends as needed for events
* Work hours subject to change
In order to be considered for a role as the Fundraising and Event Support Coordinator, a candidate must…
- Model positive staff culture 100% of the time
- Be solutions-oriented 100% of the time when raising concerns and questions
- Have strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong organizational, self-management, and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to multi-task and be flexible when encountering frequent interruptions
- Be detail-oriented with a willingness to work together in a collaborative team environment
- Be committed to responsive, honest feedback and coaching for professional growth
- Experience with or demonstrate the ability to learn Adobe, Canva, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite programs
- Have a minimum of one year of work experience with event planning/fundraising and volunteer coordination
Specifically, a Fundraising and Event Support Coordinator must exemplify urgency, passion, positivity, and mission alignment. In undertaking the role, they must…
- Work as a thought partner with Volunteer and Event Coordinator and fellow Leadership Team members
- Assume the best in challenging moments and address them head-on with positivity
Specific tasks required of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Event Coordination:
- Assisting with a high number of events, ranging from small meetings to school-wide events.
- Accompanying the Volunteer and Event Coordinator to both internal and external events.
- Planning, preparing, organizing, shopping, and partnering with vendors for various events.
- Supporting the Volunteer and Event Coordinator with the logistical support of supplies in the event space.
- Assisting with creative decisions, scheduling, and submitting requests to administration for approval when applicable.
- Attending all volunteer meetings.
- Scheduling and organizing onsite events involving teachers and staff.
- Keeping all events running efficiently.
- Helping set up and dismantle events efficiently through to completion.
- Supervising and working with volunteers for onsite events.
- Ensuring all volunteers are approved by the district and reaching out when applications need to be approved.
- Maintaining records of all bookings, e.g., venue and catering and taking payments where necessary, updating budget per each event, archiving receipts/expenses, collecting and counting monies received for events overseen.
- Help create communication campaigns utilizing and expanding various social media resources.
- Capture photos of events and fundraisers happening around campus.