Lead VPK Teacher
The mission of Classical Preparatory School is to pursue academic excellence and character enrichment through the rigorous, content-rich curriculum, imparting to our students the ability to excel and a desire to continuously pursue learning throughout their lives.
This employee is responsible for performing the following tasks required to handle providing support to the instructional program within assigned Pre-Kindergarten classroom with specific responsibility for working with individual and/or small groups of students, and providing clerical support to teachers and staff. This person will work to establish and accomplish organizational goals, objectives and strategic plans within the areas they assist with by continually exploring growth opportunities and identifying key risks and success factors. This role is a 10-month contracted position.
- Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans.
- Administers subject specific assessment and test for the purpose of assessing the level of students’ competencies.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student’s achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject-specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual student requirements.
- Answer questions and provide information for families with enrollment/registration questions.
- Facilitates preschool student’s learning (e.g. art, science, music, housekeeping, story time, movement activities, etc.) for the purpose of improving the student’s academic success and transition to elementary school.
- Models conversation, manners, clean up activities, listening skills, etc. for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social and interpersonal behavior.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, nap times, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Organizes age-appropriate indoor and outdoor activities for the purpose of ensuring student participation in learning activities.
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- Degree in Early Education or CDA
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a preschool setting.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented team player willing to work together in a collaborative manner
- Ability to remain calm and solutions-oriented in high-stress situations
- Proactive problem solving
- Commitment to Early Academy and its desire to do whatever it takes to ensure our teachers and students have what they need to be successful
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google Docs
- Ability to multi-task and balance ambiguity in an entrepreneurial environment